Sunday, October 7, 2012

How much energy do you use?

I read an article about electricity consumption in "Ny teknik" a couple of weeks ago. The article consited of a few peoples opinion on their electricity usage, and what they thought were their biggest "electricity thief" in their homes. One of them specifically drew my attention since he said that the computers that he had in his home were the biggest "thiefs". He said that the consumption from the two desktop computers that he had pulled nearly 8kWh per day. I found that to be a lot and compared it to my own electricity bills. With the 8kWh per day that he used for his two computers (240kWh per month) I used the same amout for my whole appartment (including 2 laptops), and mostly I don't even use that much. One interesting fact with this example (if the numbers that he pulled are true) is that it's definitely much better with a laptop than a desktop computer! How much are you consuming?

No comments:

Post a Comment